ValueScope is looking to hire an experienced expert witness as Litigation Consultant able to provide testimony on economic damages, valuation issues, and other financial/economic issues as required by legal counsel.
ValueScope, Inc. (www.valuescopeinc.com) is a versatile financial valuation firm servicing privately-held and public companies, individuals and government agencies, capable of answering all value-based and financial inquiries. Engagements range from startups and family businesses to multi-billion dollar enterprises. Clients vary from business owners and management teams to attorneys, accountants and bankers. ValueScope’s accredited valuation professionals (CFA, CPA, ASA, PhD, ABV, CFF, CVA) offer expertise across a broad range of financial and tax matters and in the creation, application and defense of sophisticated valuation methodologies.
Founded in 2001, ValueScope has enjoyed double digit growth every year for the past 11 years. ValueScope is currently seeking a senior analyst for our Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas location.
Responsibilities May Include
- Managing existing client relationships and developing new clients
- Developing sophisticated financial and quantitative analyses; estimating economic damages and the value of securities, businesses, etc.
- Analyzing breach of contract issues, trademark infringements and other IP-related claims
- Lost profit analyses
- Working with debtors and creditors in bankruptcy and financial distress situations
- Providing forensic accounting expertise to determine if fraud has occurred and quantifying the financial effects
- Testimony track record with established legal relationships
- Minimum 10 years experience in financial roles, litigation support, consulting
- Advanced degree required in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business (MBA or PhD preferred)
- Professional designations such a CFA, CPA (ABV, CFF) and/or CFE highly preferred
- Excelent writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to communicate complex finance/economic issues to non-technical audiences
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (dissertation excerpt or recent research) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the cover letter, please include your earliest start date and expected salary range.